Where are we located? – Please follow the link.
When were we founded?
– American School Macedonia was opened as the first and only American School in Macedonia.
What countries do students at American School Macedonia come from?
– We have a diverse student body, composed of students from the United States, the United Kingdom, Bulgaria, Macedonia, Romania, Russia, France, Italy, Serbia, Spain, Greece, Hungary, Finland, Switzerland, Ukraine, China, Croatia, Canada, Kosovo, Turkey, Australia and Holland.
How long is the school day?
– The school day is divided into six teaching periods, each of forty-five minute duration. The school day begins at 9.00am and ends at 2.45pm.
How are students assessed?
– Students are continually assessed at American School Macedonia. Great emphasis is placed on regular homework assignments and class-work assignments, as well as regular quizzes, tests and project work.
Does the school have MAP testing?
– American School Macedonia is delighted to announce that as of fall 2013, students in the school will take MAP tests (Measures of Academic Progress). This will help American School Macedonia ensure that the rigorous and high standards of education it aims to impart to students are met and can be verified by a renowned external examining body.
What external examinations does American School Macedonia help students prepare for?
– We prepare our students for a host of examinations, depending on the needs of our students. At High School level, we prepare students for the SAT examination and the TOEFL examination as well as a host of university entrance examinations.
– We prepare our Macedonian High School students for the Macedonian State Matura Examinations.
– We also prepare students for the University of Cambridge ESOL examinations (FCE, CAE and CPE) and have had a 100% success rate in all Cambridge ESOL examinations so far.
What is the cost of tuition?
– Please visit the Tuition page, HERE.
Are scholarships available?
– Yes, scholarships are available for High School students. In order to obtain a scholarship, you must take the school placement examination (both Math and English) and achieve a grade higher than 85%. If you are interested in applying for a scholarship, we suggest you contact the school HERE.